Sunday, December 2, 2012

Rain is the sky crying...

Rain is the rawest, saddest, most emotional thing ever. It is beautiful, and yet tragic. As I listen to it drumming on the roof, sounding like thousands of angry fingertips thumping, I wonder what every raindrop feels. Happiness? Despair? It is comforting, but at the same time lonely. Rain is the sky crying. 

It’s funny how much you don’t realize until it rains. It brings so much to light. You don’t realize how much you miss someone. You don’t realize how much things hurt. You don’t realize that the things you think are so important aren’t important at all. Sometimes I can’t tell if it’s the rain or my heart pounding. I can’t tell if it is sadness, despair, or pure joy that the rain falls from. Maybe a mixture of all three.

These are just thoughts. Thoughts that I don’t care where they go. I am just going to send them off into the world...floating on the wind.


"Everyone says to learn to dance in the rain, but it's so much better if you wait until you can dance under a rainbow." - Flyaway

No comments:

Post a Comment