Saturday, December 8, 2012

Muddy Puddle Future...

When talking to an adult for the first time, there is something that will always come up during the conversation. Always. If it doesn't come up, then something is clearly wrong. What is it?
The question. THE question. The question that I never have a real answer too. The question I dread.

"What are you planning to do in your future?"

 As soon as these words slip through their mouth, I am once again groping through my mind for an answer. Because the truth? I have no idea.

I have no idea what I want to do! Missions trips? Work in hospital as a nurse? Explore crime scenes? Discover dinosaur bones? I don't know. I don't have concrete plans.

"Well you must have some idea."

No. I don't. And there is nothing bad about that. People now days seem to think that if you don't know exactly what you are doing in your future, you are just wasting time. After all, life is only so short right? You should have a clear picture of your life. You should get everything you want. Do whatever you want. Live it up.

I won't do that. I refuse. What I will do is follow God's plan for me.  I have no idea what the next step is, but I trust God to show me. My sister once said "God's the best adventure writer ever!" We had both been working on our novels, and both of us had writers block. We couldn't think of what's next. But see, God does know what's next. We might not, but he does. It's a mystery to us, but to him it is a perfect plan of serving Him and leading others to Him. It's exciting!

And so I have come to the conclusion that my future is a muddy puddle. Right now it's sitting there. I have a past and I sin...mud. You can't see through the muddy puddle to see what is in there, but you know it is there. And as God continues to renew me through Him the water will get clearer and clearer as time goes on...until I am crystal clear shining his glory. And so....let the adventure ahead begin!
 


Next stop: Ecuador!

No comments:

Post a Comment